Junior Laboratory Analyst
Who We Are:
Paracel Laboratories Ltd. is a full-service environmental and Indoor Air Quality laboratory. Our main laboratory facilities are located in Ottawa and are supported by an environmental lab in Hamilton and microbiology and asbestos laboratories in Mississauga and Calgary. Additional service depots are located in Kingston, London, Niagara, Windsor, and Richmond Hill. We support a broad spectrum of projects for professional clients from across Canada and around the world. Our client base primarily consists of major environmental consultants, all levels of government and industrial manufacturers located predominantly in Ottawa, Toronto, Niagara, Eastern and Southwestern Ontario.
Paracel Laboratories is looking for a Junior Analyst to join our team at our St. Laurent lab in Ottawa. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, dexterous and driven to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The Junior Analyst is responsible for performing analyses within a discrete section of the Laboratory (i.e. Organic, Inorganic). This involves sample preparations and manipulations, standards/reagent preparation according to established methods and QC protocols, and assistance on research projects as required under the direct supervision of the Senior Analyst. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Ensuring that all tests are performed according to the established in-house protocols.
- Responsible for performing analyses, and the preparation of lab standards and reagent, for both routine and research related analyses.
- Responsible for performing analysis QC.
- Maintaining and cleaning workspace in the laboratory.
- Assists in collating and tabulating data.
- Monitoring and requisitioning supplies as required.
- Comply with company QA/QC and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- B.Sc. or Chemical/Biology/Biochemistry Technology Diploma or equivalent with less than 1 year related experience.
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively follow/interpret work instructions, methods and procedures.
- High degree of manual dexterity.
- Highly reliable and deadline-driven.
- Strong communication skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Good understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC).
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proven computer skills including MS office (Word and Excel).
In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter in your application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Paracel Laboratories is an equal-opportunity employer. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.